What goes on at the church on a weekly basis?
8:30 AM Classic Worship (Traditional Music Accompanied by Piano & Organ, Sometimes Orchestra) 9:45 AM
Bible Studies for All Ages
Elevate Worship (Contemporary Music & Instrumentation Accompanied by Guitars, Drums, etc.)
Evening Worship (Prayer Meeting Held in the West Chapel)
12:00 PM Prayer Lunch 4:45 PM Family Supper 6:00 PM Awana, Worship for Life (Preschool), & Youth Bible Study (6-12) 7:00 PM Choir Rehearsal
- Please note that some Wednesday activities do not meet during the summer break. For a more detailed look at what is happening this week, check out our church calendar.
I have a question about _________? Who do I contact?
[email protected] Derry Billingsley
Minister of Music
[email protected] Michele Burton
[email protected] Susan Dant
[email protected] Wesley Dunn
Minister of Discipleship
[email protected] Bob Farmer
Minister to Sr. Adults
[email protected] Suzie Horner
Minister to Children
[email protected] Dave Roberts
Interim Recreation Director
[email protected] Will Smith
Minister to Students
[email protected] Paul Strahan
[email protected] Judi West
[email protected] Alisha Williams
[email protected] Barbara Wright
Or you can call 270-683-3505 and ask for any of the above.
Put a name to a face! Visit our church staff page.
I need to stop by the church/Christian Life Center during the week. What time are you open?
- Church Office
Monday–Thursday 8:00 AM–4:30 PM Friday 8:00 AM–1:00 PM Saturday–Sunday Closed
- Christian Life Center
Monday – Thursday 6:30 AM–9:00 PM Friday 6:30 AM–1:00 PM Saturday (April–September) 9:00 AM–1:00 PM Saturday (October–March) 9:00 AM–3:00 PM Sunday Closed
How do I get to the church, where do I park, and how do I enter once I’m there?
- First Baptist Owensboro is a big, yellow brick building right next to the blue bridge in downtown Owensboro between Second & Third Street (230 JR Miller Blvd). The main building is located on Third Street, while the Christian Life Center is located on Second.
- First Baptist Owensboro has plenty of parking and many entrances. For details on where to park and how to get into the church, view our Parking Lot & Entrance Map. Also note that downtown street parking is free, but be sure to read all signs to avoid parking violations.
- For details on where to go once you are in the church, view our Church Map.
I want to get involved in the church by volunteering in a ministry. How can I serve at First Baptist Owensboro?
- There are so many ways to get involved at FBC! Complete our Serve form and we will get you plugged in.
Music Choir, Orchestra, Praise Band Media Video Recording, Word Projection, Lighting Guest Connection Usher, Greet Women Compassion Ministry, Rocket Readers, Newborn Blankets, Prayer Team, FOS Discipling Preschool/Children Sunday School Help, Greeters/Check-In, Children’s Church, Awana Helper, VBS Help Youth Sunday School Help, Wednesday Worship Help, Special Event Chaperone, Special Event Host Home Adult Nursing Home Pianist, Reception Desk, Disaster Relief, Backpack Ministry Senior Adults Prayer Chain, Nursing Home/Homebound General Serve Opportunities Literature Collection, Library Help, Serving Wednesday Meals, Lawn Care, CDL Drivers, Prayer Garden
Do I have to be a church member to use the Christian Life Center?
All members of the community are welcome during regular hours. Wednesday nights are an exception because of church activities. We ask that you sign in at the welcome desk upon arrival.
Fitness Room Membership Aerobic Classes