Do you want a better marriage? Do you want to grow in enjoyment of one another? Do you want to protect your marriage? Do you want to launch your marriage out of a stagnant pattern into a growth pattern? Do you want to get on the same page as your spouse so you can be more effective?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, join a Grace Marriage coaching group at FBC!
FBC is a host site for Grace Marriage coaching groups. This is a ministry that desires to proactively protect and grow marriages. Marriage is foundational to the success of a family, church, and community. However, the busyness and demands of life make it difficult to be intentional. In Grace Marriage coaching, a couple makes a proactive effort to protect and grow their marriage by investing one day each quarter of the year to take a big picture look at their life and marriage. When a couple puts their marriage under the grace of Christ and intentionally works on it, it will be transformed into a more enjoyable and God-glorifying union.
What is Marriage Coaching?
- An intentional, strategic, and proactive approach.
- A time to establish and pursue goals together.
- A wellness, protection, and growth model.
- A chance to re-focus on positives and create a refreshing atmosphere.
- An opportunity to address issues in a safe place.
What will I do in Marriage Coaching?
- Use biblical grace-based materials to spark creative thought.
- Think, pray, and apply principles to your marriage and family.
- Talk with your spouse, plan, schedule, and grow together.
- Establish goals and proactively work toward them.
- Share and receive insights with and from other couples.
What Marriage Coaching is not
- Marriage counseling.
- A seminar or conference.
- A traditional small group/class.
- A place where you will be forced to share your deepest secrets.
The basis for Grace Marriage
- Your marriage is secure when it is based on the foundation of the grace of Christ.
- You are refreshed by the love and grace of God instead of beat up for your deficiencies.
- When you both live according to grace and not your performance, you can identify issues and grow with no condemnation.
- Marriage coaching is a positive approach focused on the proactive pursuit of your spouse as you extend grace to them.
How Grace Marriage works
- Six hours (8:30 AM to 2:30 PM) once every ninety days (four times per year).
- Groups of 8-12 couples.
- Led by a trained facilitator.
- Tuition includes snacks, coffee, lunch, and marriage workbooks.
- $250 per couple annually without childcare ($62.50 per session/couple)
- $300 per couple annually with childcare ($75 per session/couple)
Listen to these testimonies of how the ministry has had an impact on couples in our church this year.
Find more information about Grace Marriage at gracemarriage.com.
Registration is OPEN! Each Fall semester we have a promotional emphasis for the ministry, but couples are free to join in on a group at any time during the year. Simply contact the church office and we can get you placed in a group for the next available session (costs would then be prorated according to the remaining sessions of the calendar year).